keskiviikko 9. maaliskuuta 2011

Testing out DFA 0.1.6

Now that I have finally published the new version of the Dwarf Fortress Advanced, it's time to do some extensive testing for all the features I have applied thus far. Also, as I have not had a chance to actually play with the latest version of Dwarf Fortress (0.31.21) yet, this testing period is also meant to make me a bit more familiar of the new features the vanilla version offers as well.

First thing I noticed, after generating several worlds to actually find suitable location for my fortress, is that the Ancient Dwarf -entity works as meant to. Of ten worlds only three had existing Ancient Dwarf -fortress running, in every other world they had ceased to exists by the time of 100 years. As it was meant to be that it should be difficult to find thriving fortress of ADs, with maximum number of two fortress from them in any given world, I see this feature is working as meant to.

Next I noticed that, due some misunderstandings I had with the workings of entity files, I noticed that slings can be made out of any material suitable for crossbows as well as the leather, and all the upgraded crossbows can be made directly from metal bars, skipping the whole idea of producing normal crossbow, then doing the upgrades with special materials. This problem was caused by the [WEAPON:****] tags in the entity file. I removed those, and now the new weapons are working as intended. Unfortunately only your dwarves can produce those weapons now, so now importing them from mountain home, as those weapons are listed as foreign. Nothing I can do for that now, but at least there is no possibility of getting around the normal procedure of producing those weapons. This fix is included in version 0.1.7, which I will be publishing later.

The castes seems to work, though I haven't yet tested out the immunity of holy dwarves against the cursed stone produced during the temple reactions. Unfortunately right now every new immigrant or newborn must be manually checked to see if they belong to any of the special castes, which can be a quite task with migrant waves over twenty dwarves. Thus far I haven't figured a way to get around this problem.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti