sunnuntai 13. maaliskuuta 2011

DFA 0.1.7 and upcoming features

So, version 0.1.7 of DFA has finally been uploaded, which took longer than I originally planned. I have been quite busy lately, making me to miss the promise I made about the deadline. Well, the mistake has been fixed and the new version is out. Couple of fixes to the existing features as well as new entity, Vampire, finding its way to the latest version. I also incorporated two new metals, holy iron and steel, which are a bit more effective in general but also cause disease to vampires, if used in bolts and one get stuck inside vampire.

Now that 0.1.7 has been uploaded it's time to think of the upcoming features. The next release, which will be 0.2.0 instead of 0.1.8, will contain mostly new entities and creatures. At this point no new items or reactions are planned, though if one of the new entities require something specific it's possible. But the main point of 0.2.0 is to make the world more alive, with new creatures, civilizations, megabeasts and perhaps even flora.

The problem with new flora and fauna is the graphical side. I'm in no way good artist, and so if I can't find any ready graphical sets for the creatures nor anybody is ready to make them for me I believe the new creatures shall be using ASCII characters. At least that will be the case with 0.2.0, the situation may change in the following releases.

Currently I have the following creatures made:
  • Mammoth
  • Pegasus
  • Gnoll (entity)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti